For an exciting outdoor adventure, consider trophy whitetail hunts. Hunting trips usually involve getting to the great outdoors, hiking through the woods and camping in a cabin with the guys. Trophy whitetail hunts can also be rewarding, not only for the venison, but also for the memories you will take home with you. Here are seven interesting facts about trophy whitetail hunts.
1. There are various weapons available to the deer hunter: bows, crossbows, handguns, shotguns, and muzzleloaders.
2. Whitetail deer can be found in every state east of the Rocky Mountains. Whitetail deer hunting takes place from Texas to Maine.
3. Bow hunting deer can be an exciting and physically demanding form of deer hunting. Archery season usually starts before gun season starts and ends after gun season ends. Bow hunting weapons include compound bows, recurve bows, long bows and crossbows. Arrows are usually made of aluminum or carbon fiber.
4. The seasons for deer hunting in Florida are divided into four zones, A through D. Check the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website for exact dates for each year.
5. One of the most important deer hunting tips – make sure you properly dress your deer after killing it. Venison is a delicious meat with unique flavor. It is also very healthy and low in fat.
6. During the days of the American frontier, the hide of a male deer was worth a dollar which is how the term “buck” was coined for a one dollar bill.
7. One of the most popular hunting methods involves elevating the hunter’s view by using a deer stand. This gives the hunter a distinct advantage since he is above the line of sight of the deer. This also allows the hunter’s scent to be more easily dispersed, allowing him to be less detectable by the deer.
If you are interested in any exciting outdoors adventure, consider trophy whitetail hunts. Hunting trips with your hunting buddies or family members can be exciting and memorable.