Learning to swim is an important skill. Swimming benefits you in a variety of ways in that it provides cardiovascular exercise and could even save yours of someone else‘s life. If you are new to swimming or want to refine your skills, getting adult swimming lessons is a good way to learn technique and gain confidence.
Here is a look at the top ten swimming schools in the U.S.
1. Your local YMCA is a great place to learn how to swim. Many YMCAs offer private swimming lessons taught by certified instructors. This gives you the opportunity to refine your techniques in a one to one setting.
2. The American Swim Academy has four locations in California. Their adult swimming lessons divide the classes up based on gender, providing a more comfortable environment for swimmers.
3. Miracle Swimming Institute is located in Sarasota, Florida. In addition to their Florida location, they have certified instructors who teach in other parts of the country, which include San Francisco and Columbus, Ohio. They offer adult swimming lessons that range from beginner to swimming in the ocean to Scuba diving.
4. Bubble Swim School in Las Vegas, Nevada is great school that offers adult swimming lessons. They tailor your sessions based on your experience. Their instructors completed an intensive training program to receive certification, which means you’ll receive the top instruction and care.
5. Orca Swim School offers a great range of adult lessons. The swim school states they became licensed instructors in the Miracle Swimming Institute, which is the leader in swim school for adults. Their goal is for adult swimmers to gain confidence in swimming in deep water.
6. The Anderson Swim School has been around the San Francisco Bay area since 1975. During this time they have developed into one of the best swim schools. They accomplished this by offering a variety of adult classes as well as providing swimming training equipment for their water aerobics.
7. The Shepard’s Swimming School is a great place to take swimming lessons. They received certification from the United States Swim School Association. Furthermore, they offer private lessons for adults as they work to eliminate your fears of swimming.
8. The Atlanta Swim Academy offers a wide variety of classes for adults based on your experience level. They also offer private instruction and their year round programs are flexible, giving you the ability to go when you want to.
9. Gold Medal Swim School is a great place for adults looking to gain an evaluation of their techniques. The school offers open swim times during which an instructor will look at your form and provide feedback based on what they see.
10. Lastly, Donna’s Dolphins is a school that provides adult swimmers with a variety of programs. Whether you are learning for the first time or want to compete in a triathlon, the instructors will work with you in achieving your goals or facing your fears.