Barefoot running is an excellent way to enjoy running. Running barefoot benefits include a more comfortable running style. In a report from WebMD, it also states running barefoot can reduce shock on a runner’s joints as oftentimes runners land on the balls of their feet.
Before hitting the trail it’s important beginners do barefoot running training, as this will help them transition smoothly.
One way to do this is through strength training. As barefoot running requires more strength in a runner’s calves and heels it’s important for runners to build strength in these areas through weightlifting exercises.
Once they build strength in these areas, they may want to consider barefoot running shoes to help introduce them properly to this technique.
Barefoot running shoes provide runners with the feel of barefoot running as well as the security a shoe offers. For those just beginning barefoot running, they’ll find barefoot running shoes the ideal way to transition into barefoot trail running.
Here is a look at the five best.
- The Virbram Fivefingers Bikila Running Shoes are great barefoot running shoes for women. With the lightweight material and five toe design, women will love the natural feel of these shoes.
- The New Balance Trail Running Minimus Barefoot Running is the perfect shoe for those wanting to hit the trails. With a durable outer sole that will protect runners against harsh terrains and a comfortable fit, runners will experience the best of comfort and security.
- Some of the best barefoot running shoes come from Nike. The Nike Free 3.0 V3 Mens Cushion Running Shoes combines the cushion of a running shoe and the feel of barefoot running. This shoe is ideal for beginners as it will help them learn the feel of barefoot running.
- The Merrell Lithe Glove Running Shoes has a sleek design that is visually appealing. Its lightweight material provides a comfortable feel that barefoot runners will love.
- The VIVOBAREFOOT combines innovative technology and comfort. The shoe’s materials are eco-friendly and runners will love the material as it provides breathability and cushioning. Additionally, the technology allows the lightweight material to mimic what barefoot running feels like.
Runners can find these shoes at sporting goods stores and online retailers. In addition, they can find other accessories such as barefoot running socks. By buying barefoot shoes they can transition smoothly into barefoot running.