The body building diet plan balances the body’s need for protein with low fat foods. Your bodybuilding diet meal plan should include six meals a day. Each meal should contain about 40 grams of protein. A good bodybuilding diet plan should also include carbohydrates to help recover from your workout. Here are 10 foods that will help you gain muscle mass while maintaining a healthy diet:
1. Egg whites – Eggs are a great source of protein, but unfortunately eggs contain a lot of cholesterol. Separating the yolks from the egg whites allows you to get the protein without all the cholesterol.
2. Oatmeal – The carbohydrates in oatmeal provide energy for workouts. Oatmeal also lowers blood cholesterol due to its large soluble fiber content.
3. Black beans – Black beans are a great source of both fiber and slow-release energy.
4. Brussels sprouts – Brussels sprouts are high in Vitamin C and fiber while containing very few calories.
5. Flax seeds – High in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, flax seeds can be sprinkled in salads or ground up with coffee.
6. Clams – Clams are a great source of iron, protein, and Vitamin B12.
7. Protein shakes – Between meals, protein shakes are an excellent option for snacks.
8. Water – A gallon or two of H2O per day will help flush out the toxins generated during your workout. Plenty of water is an important part of a natural bodybuilding diet plan.
9. Turkey breast – This low fat white meat is tasty and provides protein with very few calories.
10. Bodybuilding supplements – A balanced bodybuilding diet plan includes a modest amount of vitamin supplements.
Your bodybuilding success is based on rigorous bodybuilding routines along with a bodybuilding diet plan rich in protein and carbohydrates.