Proper preparation can go a long way in making sure you have a fun and safe dive. While you will need essentials, there are many scuba diving accessories that can enhance your trip and provide you additional protection.
Here is a look at the ten best scuba diving accessories.
1. Scuba diving watches provide you with essential information. Many of the more advanced models take readings for dive depth, time in the water and water temperature. This can take the guesswork out of it for you as these deliver the information you need.
2. One of the best pieces of scuba diving equipment to buy is a scuba diving camera. Many underwater cameras allow you to take pictures and videos of the sea. In addition, most models have different color modes as well as attachments for flashes, which can help you capture the amazing details of your trip.
3. Another accessory you will want is a stretch suit. These are designed to be form fitting and comfortable, that way they don’t hinder your motion in the water.
4. Next, diving fins can be beneficial for divers. The advanced models like the Tusa X-Pert Zoom Open Heel Split Fins (SF-8) take into account a diver’s reduction in propulsion. Their design makes up for this reduction thereby allowing the swimmer to use all of their energy effectively.
5. A dive mask is one of the best scuba diving accessories you can buy. Some of the top of the line masks feature wireless diving. They do this with a computer in the mask that reads everything from elapsed time to cylinder pressure.
6. Scuba diving weights is another must have item for you. Most feature a pair of weights in both pockets.
7. A knife would be a great item to have underwater. You can use it to cut someone free if they become tangled and in the rare event you are threaten by sea life, it can be used as a defense weapon.
8. One great way to protect your equipment is with a water tight case. This can ensure your gear isn’t damaged. It also makes it easier to transport everything.
9. Lights are great scuba diving accessories to have as they can help you with navigation. Many parts of the seas are very dark and by having a light, you are able to check out the area for any danger zones or sharks that may be lurking nearby.
10. Lastly, having a first aid kit is essential for any diver. The kit should contain care items that can treat wounds and burns. It should also have pain relievers, dressings for wounds and antibiotics.